|Examine text||"It's a Dragonfire shield."|
The dragonfire shield (also known as DFS) is an anti-dragon shield that has been forged with a draconic visage. Requiring 75 Defence to equip; when charged, the dragonfire shield is one of the best melee shields in the game.
Much like the anti-dragon shield from which it is made, the dragonfire shield provides partial protection from dragonfire attacks; however, it also provides the same partial protection from the ice breath of skeletal wyverns that an elemental shield, or equivalent, would offer.
| || |
A player wearing a dragonfire shield
You can charge your dragonfire shield by attacking dragons throughout Soulsplit. After you have charged your dragonfire shield, you can use its special attack by going to your armour tab, right clicking the dragonfire shield and then clicking on 'operate'. This will launch a special dragonfire attack on your enemy. The amount of damage is random, it can range from 1(0) to 25(0). The cooldown of the special attack is 30 seconds.
Creating a Dragonfire Shield
- Draconic visage (dropped by some dragons. Ex: iron dragon)
- Anti-dragon shield (sold in the General Store)
- Hammer (sold in the General Store)
- 95 Smithing
Use the draconic visage on your anti-dragon shield to make a dragonfire shield.
Obtaining from Players
As always, you can obtain a dragonfire shield from other players.
Sometimes, players will trade a draconic visage for a dragonfire shield because they do not have the Smithing level required to forge a dragonfire shield themselves.
- A hammer is no longer required to create a dragonfire shield.
- Simply use the anti-dragonfire shield with the draconic visage and you will receive a dragonfire shield in your inventory.
- Mod JD once accidentally linked to this page when describing "A real-life, handmade retro Dragonfire Shield" On the official Runescape forum.